We are continually focussing on developing all of our students’ “Park View Learner” skills; one of these skills is to become a self-manager.
We believe that it is an essential part of the ethos and discipline structure that all students in Years 7 to 11 manage the way in which they present themselves and comply with the school uniform requirements. We are very proud of our community at Park View and want all our young people to show that they are too, by wearing our uniform with pride.
We have noticed that a small minority of students are not complying with our very high expectations in terms of the uniform and it would be greatly appreciated if you would support us by ensuring your child adheres to the school’s uniform policy.
The school uniform requirements have been provided below for your reference (examples can be seen overleaf):
Hair should only be a colour that is naturally grown by humans. Green, blue, purple etc. is not acceptable and will be counted as a breach of our uniform policy.
• Black Park View blazer
• Black skirt or trousers (tracksuits, leggings and jeans are not permitted)
• Black shoes or smart plain black trainers
• White collared shirt with top button fastened
• School tie (covering at least 6 buttons, including the top button)
• School bag (big enough to carry A4 books)
• Jackets, scarves and gloves may be worn outside the school building or in ‘The Street’ but must not be worn anywhere else
• Fashion belts or bandanas are not permitted. Hair bands should be plain black or dark blue
• Head scarves (worn only for religious reasons) must be plain black or dark blue
• Tights must be flesh coloured or plain black
• Any other items of clothing are not permitted including hooded tops and cardigans
• Hats or caps should not be seen or worn inside school, except those of religious significance
• Jewellery and make up should be kept to a minimum. Large earrings are not permitted; only single studs or sleepers may be worn. Piercings are only permitted in ears, or a single small stud in noses
• Coloured nail varnish or imitation nails should not be worn If, for any reason, your child cannot adhere to these requirements then they may be sent home to change. We would like to thank you in advance for your support
The Senior Leadership Team