Year 7 Catch-Up Premium for Literacy and Numeracy
Park View spends the Year 7 catch-up premium for literacy and numeracy on a range of strategies to boost students’ attainment.
- Smaller ‘booster group’ in English for students who are below national average on entry to secondary school
- The ‘Lexia’ computer-based reading programme to increase the reading ages of Year 7 students
- The TLR of our literacy coordinator, who works to improve literacy across the curriculum at a whole school level as well as leading on specific literacy interventions
- Smaller class sizes in Maths, benefitting those who are below expected standards on entry with intensive support
- Numeracy withdrawal groups in years 7-9 to support students who did not achieve expected standards at KS2
- Development of a Maths “booster group” in Year 7 following our Spring assessment point to narrow the gap for students who are below expected standards on entry or who have made limited progress since arrival at Park View